MACHUPICCHU BY TREN 2D/1N
DID YOU KNOW!
The sanctuary of Machu Picchu was chosen as one of the second wonders in 2007, in an online voting worldwide, since it is very visited, there are 2 ways to access one of them is by train, however this tends to be very expensive , today there is an alternate route that is entered taking bus to hydroelectric an option for all visitors who do not have many income and who like the adventure.
By changing altitude, it is recommended to take some pills for dizziness or altitude sickness (Soroche Pill, Aspirin or Coca Mate).
- Route: by train.
- Duration: 2Día.
- Departures: All year
- Type of trip: adventure, culture, history
- Suitable for: Travelers with little time.
- Departure and return time: 10:00 a.m. – 23:15 p.m.
- Climate: The temperature is hot and humid during the day and cool at night. The temperature ranges between 12 and 24 degrees.
- Hotel: is for two person, if you private room is more usd 20.00
- Payment: By Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Western Union
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for the Andean Community (Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia).
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for foreign students with a physical card from their university (The card must show your photo, effective date that is not longer than one year); ISIC cards from August 1, 2017 are NOT accepted.
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for Peruvians identified with ID or passport.
DAY 1: CUSCO-OLLANTAYTAMBO-AGUAS CALIENTES
- Departure Time: 10:00
- Duration in car: 2 hours
- Travel time by train: 2hrs
- Accommodation: From 2 people (double or matrimonial room) single room is more USD 15.00.
- Altitude reached: 2,800msnm
In the morning we pick you up between 9:40 and 10:00 am at the hotel
then we will approach our mobility, to the town of Ollantaytambo, here we will be arriving average 11:40 to 12:00 pm, the train will leave at 12:36 pm
From this point the trip continues the beautiful landscape with puna flavor – climates that make these landscapes a paradise within the majestic snow-covered peaks and making this place a tropical climate, until arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes, at the station train will be waiting for a transfer, which will take us to the hostel, here we will spend the night, the guide will come at 20:30 to give us a briefing for the next day.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES-MACHUPICCHU-OLLANTAYTAMBO-CUSCO
- Tour departure: 05:30 am
- Bus Time: 25 minutes Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Guidance hours: 2 hours.
- Altitude of Machu Picchu Town: 2,200 meters above sea level.
- Altitude of the Machu Picchu Citadel: 2,430 meters above sea level.
- Altitude of the walk: 2,400 meters above sea level. (5,906 feet).
• Climate: The temperature is hot and humid during the day and cool at night. The temperature ranges between 12 ° and 24 ° degrees.
In the morning at approximately 5:30 am we will get up to start our adventure from a height of 2200 meters above sea level, to the citadel of Machu Picchu, a sacred place during the Inca period. located at 2400 masl, the climb to the citadel will be by bus 25 min. At the entrance door We will meet with the guide at 06:00 am, our guide will start at 06:30 am here you will have a guided tour for 1 hour through the most important places such as; main temple, intihuatana, solar tower guiding ends at 8:00 am. After that, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu again, we will return at 2:00 pm on the bus to the town of Aguas Calientes, where you will have time to get to know the town and have a lunch, the train will depart 19:00 pm in the direction of Ollantaytambo, arriving approximately at 21:40 pm then it will be the transfer by car to the city of Cusco.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Pick you up from your hotel.
- Bus Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- English speaking professional guide in Machu Picchu
- Tren From Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes -Ollantaytambo
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Bus from Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes
- 1 night hotel ** confortable: hot water, Wi fi, private bathroom, cable TV, luggage storage with breakfast buffet
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes US$5.
- Last day meals.
HOW TO BOOK:
- Click on “BOOKNOW”
- Select the departure date on the calendar.
- Enter the data and number of people
- Pay an advance online as a guarantee of the total price.
We ask only one payment advance as guarantee, the rest will pay in Cusco, in the dollar currency.
Once the payment is made, the reservation is subject to confirmation according to availability. If you want to know the availability before making the payment, write to us at
- Cell phone
(+51) 993 159 814
Write us on WhatsApp: +51941411418
Write us on WhatsApp: + 51 993 159 814
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek. Recommended: T shirts, shorts and some warm clothes.
Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco).
- Strong, comfortable footwear.
- Water bottle
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block (sun protection cream).
- Insect repellent.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper.
- How far in advance should I book the tour?
Reservations must be at least 2 weeks in advance. However, quotas are limited and are always subject to availability. Both the tickets for the Machu Picchu citadel and the tickets for the optional mountains Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu are in high demand, sometimes being sold out months in advance. For this reason, we recommend making the reservation as early as possible.
- Do I have to pay the total service?
No, To confirm your reservation we request an advance payment of 40% as a guarantee, the balance will be canceled up to one day before the tour.
Will we receive detailed information before starting the tour?
Yes, a company representative will be in charge of providing you with necessary information about the recommendations you should consider for your trip. This will be a day before prior coordination.
- What documents do I need to prove that I am a student?
Students are considered until age 17 where they only need to present their document.
The discount for students from 18 years maximum 25 years is valid as long as you have the valid card of the year in physical course and with photo, at the time of making the reservation, you send us a copy or photo of your university credential. This must have the following information:
Full name of the university.
Full name of the student.
Photograph of the student.
Year of validity (if you will visit Machu Picchu in 2020, the credential must indicate 2020).
They are not valid documents:
Proof of registration.
Regular student certificate.
Transportation card for students.
- Why are there prices by type of accommodation in Aguas Calientes?
The idea is to offer you an option according to what you want to spend for the tour, even leaving open the possibility that you can choose the accommodation in Aguas Calientes yourself by your own means.
What are the differences between one accommodation and another?
Hotel **: Eco Machupicchu Pueblo or similar: single or double private room, with private bathroom. It includes box lunch as breakfast.
Hotel ** Machupicchu adventure house or similar: private single or double room, with private bathroom. It includes breakfast.
What is the difference between Machu Picchu citadel, Machu Picchu mountain and Huayna Picchu mountain?
What is popularly known as “Machu Picchu” corresponds to the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, which is composed of different areas, including the Machu Picchu citadel (the archaeological center or ruins) and its two surrounding mountains: Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu . The tour includes the entrance to the citadel, but not the entrance to climb any of the mountains, which you can optionally add to your reservation. You can check technical details, similarities and differences of the mountains here.
- How long is the visit to Machu Picchu?
The visit has a duration of 2 hours with your Guide, and free time to visit on your own in which you can take advantage of visiting the Inca bridge or the Puerta del Sol that at the moment you do not need to pay extra.
- What are the differences between the Expedition and Vistadome train categories?
Both the Expedition category and the Vistadome category offer comfortable leather seats, and include a snack and hot or cold drink per person. The first and main difference between both categories is that the Vistadome train has windows on the roof of the cars, which allows a panoramic view of the exterior. The second difference is that the Vistadome train offers on-board entertainment services such as typical dances and parades if you want a Vistadome service, contact a reservation staff that likes to help you.
email@example.com whatsapp +51941411418
I already have my ticket to Machu Picchu purchased, is
- it possible to book the program discounting the total price ticket?
Yes. To make the reservation in this way, you must write to firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp +51941411418 indicating the number of people traveling and the date they want to start the program, and we will send you the corresponding quote along with the instructions for Reserve.
- Is it possible to add a night of accommodation in Aguas Calientes and return to Cusco one day after the tour is over?
Yes. To make the reservation in this way, you must write to email@example.com or whatsapp +51941411418, indicating the number of people traveling and the date they want to start the program, and we will send you the corresponding quote along with the instructions to reserve.
- How is the weather in Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu is located between the Andes Mountains and the Amazon rainforest, having a warm and temperate climate, with an average minimum temperature of 12 ° C and an average maximum temperature of 24 ° C. From April to October it is the dry season in the place, that is, during that period there is a lower probability of rains, while from November to March it is the rainy season, that is, during that period there is a greater probability of rains. However, the previous differentiation, during every day of the year there is a possibility of rains, since it is a subtropical zone.
Terms and conditions:
All passengers must travel read their conditions before hiring the service:
- 1.- The deposit sent for the reservation is not refundable or transferable to any other date, person or tour, this is used to ensure the purchase of income or services that must be made in advance.
2.- MACHUPICCHU BY CARS must be notified of any change or cancellation of your trip as soon as you notice by email or fax so as not to incur expenses not covered by the deposit, If in case everything is already booked we will be based on The terms of the company.
3.- Travel insurance: We recommend hiring travel insurance that covers accidents, emergency expenses, lost luggage among others.
4.- The company is not responsible for the cancellation of the trip for any external climatic reasons, such as strikes and landslides caused by nature, which will cause delays or cancel the trip completely. There is no reimbursement or expenses that demand, but we will have an assistance of the personnel in charge.
5.- Sending your personal data for the reservation: Your passport number and other information must be valid. Please advise if I change your passport number after having made the tour reservation, if you are going to make changes to the passport number it has an additional cost.