MACHUPICCHU BY TREN 2D/1N
DID YOU KNOW!
The sanctuary of Machu Picchu was chosen as one of the second wonders in 2007, in an online voting worldwide, since it is very visited, there are 2 ways to access one of them is by train, however this tends to be very expensive , today there is an alternate route that is entered taking bus to hydroelectric an option for all visitors who do not have many income and who like the adventure.
By changing altitude, it is recommended to take some pills for dizziness or altitude sickness (Soroche Pill, Aspirin or Coca Mate).
- Route: by train.
- Duration: 2Día.
- Departures: All year
- Type of trip: adventure, culture, history
- Suitable for: Travelers with little time.
- Departure and return time: 10:00 a.m. – 23:15 p.m.
- Climate: The temperature is hot and humid during the day and cool at night. The temperature ranges between 12 and 24 degrees.
- Payment: By Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Western Union
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for the Andean Community (Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia).
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for foreign students with a physical card from their university (The card must show your photo, effective date that is not longer than one year); ISIC cards from August 1, 2017 are NOT accepted.
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for Peruvians identified with ID or passport.
DAY 1: CUSCO-OLLANTAYTAMBO-AGUAS CALIENTES
- Departure Time: 10:00
- Duration in car: 2 hours
- Travel time by train: 2hrs
- Accommodation: From 2 people (double or matrimonial room) single room is more USD 15.00.
- Altitude reached: 2,800msnm
In the morning we pick you up between 9:40 and 10:00 am at the hotel
then we will approach our mobility, to the town of Ollantaytambo, here we will be arriving average 11:40 to 12:00 pm, the train will leave at 12:36 pm
From this point the trip continues the beautiful landscape with puna flavor – climates that make these landscapes a paradise within the majestic snow-covered peaks and making this place a tropical climate, until arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes, at the station train will be waiting for a transfer, which will take us to the hostel, here we will spend the night, the guide will come at 20:30 to give us a briefing for the next day.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES-MACHUPICCHU-OLLANTAYTAMBO-CUSCO
- Tour departure: 05:30 am
- Bus Time: 25 minutes Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Guidance hours: 2 hours.
- Altitude of Machu Picchu Town: 2,200 meters above sea level.
- Altitude of the Machu Picchu Citadel: 2,430 meters above sea level.
- Altitude of the walk: 2,400 meters above sea level. (5,906 feet).
• Climate: The temperature is hot and humid during the day and cool at night. The temperature ranges between 12 ° and 24 ° degrees.
In the morning at approximately 5:30 am we will get up to start our adventure from a height of 2200 meters above sea level, to the citadel of Machu Picchu, a sacred place during the Inca period. located at 2400 masl, the climb to the citadel will be by bus 25 min. At the entrance door We will meet with the guide at 06:00 am, our guide will start at 06:30 am here you will have a guided tour for 1 hour through the most important places such as; main temple, intihuatana, solar tower guiding ends at 8:00 am. After that, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu again, we will return at 2:00 pm on the bus to the town of Aguas Calientes, where you will have time to get to know the town and have a lunch, the train will depart 19:00 pm in the direction of Ollantaytambo, arriving approximately at 21:40 pm then it will be the transfer by car to the city of Cusco.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Pick you up from the office : Calle garcilaso Nro 265 – of -1 close to san francisco square
- Bus Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- English speaking professional guide in Machu Picchu
- Tren From Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes -Ollantaytambo
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes
- 1 night hotel ** confortable: hot water, Wi fi, private bathroom, cable TV, luggage storage with breakfast buffet
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes US$5.
- Last day meals.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek. Recommended: T shirts, shorts and some warm clothes.
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco).
- Strong, comfortable footwear.
- Water bottle
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block (sun protection cream).
- Insect repellent.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper.
Terms and conditions:
All passengers must travel read their conditions before hiring the service:
- The warranty is 90 USD for the reservation of the service has no refund, because it will be used for the purchase of the entrance to Machu Picchu and other expenses.
- If the passenger cancels missing 12 hours or same day of the trip the passenger will lose 100% of the ticket without any claim.
- In the event that for various reasons the passenger decides to cancel the service that is missing 24 hours from the departure of the trip will be paid in a penalty of 50% as allowed the services purchased by the following companies and discounting expenses and realized .
- The company reserves the right to prevent the travel of passengers who are under the effects of alcohol, narcotics or in case of serious state of health of the passenger to attend the conditions of the trip.
- The company is not responsible for the cancellation of the trip by external climatic reasons such as strikes, landslides caused by the nature and cause delay or stop trip there isn’t refund.
- If once made the bus trip and any blockage or hindrance in the normal development of the trip occurs, the agency is not responsible for the extra expenses: meals or nights of accommodation services have to use.
- Passengers who are not at the time of departure or return time will be your responsibility, losing the service without a complaint.
- Passengers who decide separated from the group or change your itinerary without informing 12 hours before is all the responsability of them, and can’t use the service again.
- All claims must be made before or during the trip to see a solution but will not accept the end of the trip
- The transport company has Mandatory Insurance SOAT traffic accidents, this will be used while passengers remain inside the vehicle.
LUGGAGE & BELONGINGS :
- Your luggage travels inerior, responsible passenger belongings.
- The company is not responsible for lost objects, after having completed the shuttle to your destination.
EXCLUSION OF TRANSPORTATION: (under Peruvian law Transport)
- People who are under the influence of alcohol, drugging of other narcotics.
- People who carry firearms, flammable substances or any other element that represents a danger to the safety and security of passengers.
- In case of natural phenomena, rain, earthquakes, preventing the free transit of vehicles.
- Roadblock by civil commotion, (wars, riots, social mobilization).
- The carrier EXCLUDES compensations for delay and / or loss of flights, trains, buses, hotels or any non-transport events.
Travel in Peru: Sakura Expeditions operates in regions where standards of accommodation, transport and services may not be those who would normally be expected. However, we strive, with due care and skill, to offer the best services for our tourists. Travelling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, breadth of observation, good humor and understanding, since they can make changes without notice due to circumstances beyond our control (Force Majeure – see below). When booking any of our tours you agree to the necessary changes without liability Sakura Expeditions.
Force majeure: In any case Sakura Expeditions Could not, even with due care, foresee or avoid. This covers events: like, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, disaster conditions or adverse weather, fire or all similar events outside our control. In this case, Sakura Expeditions will not accept that responsibility; and reserves the right to modify, postpone or even cancel the trip (this is the last option, of course!).
Increases in case of protest, strikes (force majeure): In the case of a protest / strike, which is not uncommon in Cusco, you may need to go a day or even two days earlier than planned to meet with other services . In this case, to increase will be charged to cover the costs incurred.
Risks: By booking any of our adventure trips (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay, Ausangate, Choquequirao, Lares, etc.) passengers assume the risks associated with them. Sakura Expeditions is not responsible with this.
Travel insurance: We recommend taking out travel insurance that covers accidents, medical and emergency repatriation expenses, including rescue and air ambulance. So we recommend covers cancellations and lost luggage. Please send a copy / company name and policy number by email or carry information when it comes to our office.
Holiday or Election Increments: There will be a slight increase in prices, because in Peru we have some holidays, such as the anniversary of the country, Christmas, New Year’s Eve. Or when we have election days.
Sending your personal data for booking: The number of your passport and other data must be valid. Please advise if you change your passport number after booking the tour
Note: Changing passport numbers required to pass additional payment (passport numbers can change easily in our receipt but fact is extremely important that we make changes to the Authorities)
Student rate: To get this discount you must have a valid student card. It is important to scan to e-mail us at time of booking and is valid for the booking date or alternative Inca Trail hikes (which will have to demonstrate the true ISIC card was made http: // www .isiccard.com on arrival here in Cusco and Machu Picchu).
Make a reservation and deposit payment:
The payment of the deposit can be made through the following option
a) PayPal. You can pay by this method (PayPal + 6% transaction fee) up to 15 days before the departure of your country (we can not accept PayPal payments once they are in Cusco, PayPal often denied for reasons of security because you are away from home).
About the briefing: The night before your trip will talk walk in our office at 18:30 pm (exact time will be confirmed on arrival or email).
(1) Deposit sent for booking is not refundable or transferable to any other date, person or tour.
(2) Expeditions Sakura must be notified of any change or cancellation of your trip as soon as you are aware of them via e-mail or fax to not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
(3) Once you have paid the final balance, we will not be able to refund your payment of the walk in case of cancellations. There will, however, parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance 1 train ticket, bus ticket.