Machu Picchu by car
Every year that passes the trains go up in price and a very common route was made, for this reason here you will see something else in your trip and the most important thing you can save !!
Machu Picchu by bus is a new alternative route created for all travelers looking for something different and economical.
Taking the bus by hydroelectric route you can see the famous snow-capped Verónica at 4400 meters above sea level, at Abra Málaga, we will descend taking the path to Quillabamba the convention by jungle edge at about 1200 masl, passing local towns of Santa María, Santa Teresa 1800 masl where the Flora of the area receives you with its beautiful colors.
This Alterna route shows you places where you can only arrive by car, it’s time to organize your trip, we are with you
Type of service:
- Tourist Service
- 1 Bottle of Water, Wi-Fi, Air conditioning
Frequency of departures:
- We have 2 bus with frequent daily departures.
Who is recommended for this trip?
For all adventurous tourists, who loves to experience nature and above all tourists with the soul of travelers and with low resources, but want to live great adventures.
This Alternative route is not recommended for children under 5 years old, or adults over 60 years old by the altitud, and if they travel they should take all the precautions of the case: take pills for seasickness and altitude sickness.
The cars are 15, 19 and 20 passengers, the seats are comfortable and reclining, has air conditioning, oxygen ball, first aid kit, music, reading light, GPS, (Global Positioning System), Soat (Compulsory Insurance of transport) and our drivers are with years of experience on the route.
- Every 3 weeks within the month and its daily review by the Driver
Modern Cars with 140 ° reclining seats, 3 rows, will carry travel bracelets each passenger, oxygen ball, first aid kit, reading light, air conditioning, music, Wifi, 1 bottle of water, Extinguisher, emergency exit, drivers Qualified During the trip the company will make 1 stop to have breakfast on the way and return for lunch.
Our transport routes, schedules and terminals
|Service||Terminal Salida||Embarque||Salida||Llegada||Terminal de Llegada||Precio USD|
|Cusco – Hidroelectrica||Calle garcilaso Nro 265 – Plaza San Francisco||7:00am||7:30am||2:00pm||Plaza Principal ollantaytambo||16.00||Comprar|
|Cusco – Santa teresa||Calle garcilaso Nro 265 – Plaza San Francisco||7:00am||7:30am||1:00pm||Plaza de Santa Teresa||16.00||Comprar|
|Ollantaytambo – Hidroelectrica||Plaza principal de Ollantaytambo||9:00am||9:30am||2:00pm||Terminal privado de Sakura Expedition||16.00||Comprar|
|Hidroelectrica – Cusco||Terminal privado de Sakura Expedition||2:15pm||2:45pm||9:20pm||Calle garcilaso Nro 265 – Plaza San Francisco||16.00||Comprar|
|Santa Teresa – Cusco||Plaza de Santa Teresa||3:00pm||3:30pm||9:20pm||Calle garcilaso Nro 265 – Plaza San Francisco||16.00||Comprar|
|Hidroelectrica – Ollantaytambo||Terminal privado de Sakura Expedition||2:15pm||2:45pm||7:30pm||Plaza principal de Ollantaytambo||16.00||Comprar|
|Santa Teresa – Ollantaytambo||Plaza de Santa Teresa||3:00pm||3:30pm||7:30pm||Plaza principal de Ollantaytambo||16.00||Comprar|
Travel in Car Program:
- Departure from Cusco at 07:30 a.m.
- Punto de Encuentro Plaza de Armas exactly McDonald’s door 07:00 a.m. (Altitude 3350 m.s.n.m)
- The trip is 6 hours and 40 minutes from Cusco to Hidroeléctrica (Terminal Sakura Expedition)
- El Carro will make 1 stop at 1 hour 30 minutes leaving Cusco, here you can buy your snack, take the breakfast and you can use the bathrooms to continue your adventure. (Altitude 2,792 m.s.n.m)
- We will arrive at 13:50 p.m. approximately at Hidroeléctrica to private bus station of Sakura Expedition.
- If you are going to return with us, you must return to the same Sakura terminal 30 minutes before the departure of your transport 14:45 pm.
- In the return, he will make a stop in the Alfamayo area to use the bathrooms and buy some food.
Do you like to organize your own trip?
You can not buy the whole package, you can only organize your own trip, you can buy only transportation from Cusco – Hydroelectric, from here it’s about 3 hours walking to Machu Picchu Town.
It is recommended to take the round trip transportation a few times, you can not have to re-book the second day, 3 days or more.
- There are approximately 6 hours and 40 minutes of travel, 85% of the road is paved and 15% is a trail.
- For the change of different altitudes in each zone, it is recommended to take a pill for seasickness or altitude sickness (Pill Soroche, Aspirin or Mate de Coca).
- If you do not travel long by car, it is recommended to take a pill for seasickness or altitude sickness (Soroche Pill, Aspirin or Coca Mate).
- If you travel the same day of your arrival in Cusco, it is recommended to take a pill for sickness or altitude sickness 1 day before or the same day (Soroche pill, Aspirin or Coca Mate)
YOU MUST CONSIDER!
- This alternative route today is the cheapest route to get to Machu Picchu and is in constant improvement should know that not all the route is paved we have a stretch that is compacted earth.
- The geography of the area does not allow the whole route to be straight we will go with curves ascending to the famous and spectacular snowy Veronica known as the abra malanga at 4300 masl, if you are not traveling by car you are advised to take pills for motion sickness or altitude sickness.
- There is a stretch of very famous curves with much adrenaline called “Traveler’s Curve” at 1200 meters above sea level in the town of Santa María, a very exciting place where you will see your own challenge, you should know that in the world there are few places that have roads under the rocks and this is one of them. If you have vertigo, you are advised to travel in intermediate seats or close the curtains of your transport.
- This Alternative route is not recommended for children under 5 years old, or adults over 60 years old, and if they travel they should take all the precautions of the case: take pills for seasickness and altitude sickness.
- Rainy season in January and February our outings are normal but sometimes there may be delays due to some landslides along the way and it is not recommended to have connection buses after finishing the tour.
- Cusco Main Office: Calle Garcilaso 265 Oficina 1 – Costado Plaza San francisco
- Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu): Av Hermanos Ayar Nro 803 (Ollantay Restaurant)
- Monday – Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Sundays: 09:00 – 12:00 pm
- Holidays: 10:00 – 16:00 pm