MACHU PICCHU BY CAR 3 DAYS + MACHU PICCHU MOUNTAIN
DID YOU KNOW!
The sanctuary of Machu Picchu was chosen as one of the second wonders in 2007, in an online voting worldwide, since it is very visited, there are 2 ways to access one of them is by train, however this tends to be very expensive , today there is an alternate route that is entered taking bus to hydroelectric an option for all visitors who do not have many income and who like the adventure.
By changing altitude, it is recommended to take some pills for dizziness or altitude sickness (Soroche Pill, Aspirin or Coca Mate).
General trip description:
- Route: Alternative by car.
- Duration: 3 Days and 2 Night.
- Departures: All year
- Type of trip: adventure, culture, history
- Suitable for: Travelers with low economy.
- Difficulty of Walk 2: semi-moderate walk
- Departure and return time: 07:30 am – 21:30 pm.
- Climate: The temperature is hot and humid during the day and cool at night. The temperature ranges between 12 and 24 degrees.
- Form of Payment: By Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and Western Union
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for the Andean Community (Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia).
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for foreign students with a physical card from their university (The card must show your photo, effective date that is not longer than one year); ISIC cards from August 1, 2017 are NOT accepted.
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for Peruvians identified with ID or passport.
DIA 1: CUSCO – SANTA TERESA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES (MACHUPICCHU VILLAGE )
Departure Time: 07:30 a.m.
- Duration by car: approximately 7 hours of travel, 85% of the road is asphalted and 15% is a trail.
- The bus has 2 Ollantaytambo stops for 15 minutes to use the toilets and to board passengers who hired the service in this area.
- Walk Distance: 11 kilometers
- Accommodation: Embace to 2 people (double or matrimonial room) single room is more USD 15.00.
- Considerations: Dinner is a typical dish.
- Hiking Hours: 2hrs and 40 minutes
- Difficulty: Smooth 10 minutes of rest the rest flat.
- Bus Time: 20 minutes Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Altitude reached: 4,350 meters above sea level
- Altitude of the walk: 1,800 meters above sea level
The point of concetracion is in our office Sakura Expedition, Address: Calle garcilaso Nro 265 Of – 1. at 07:00 to 07:15 hrs.
07:30 am we will approach our mobility, we will receive a small recording talk to leave Cusco, The Tour will start with a pleasant and scenic walk towards the town of Yanahuara near Ollantaytambo, until this place we will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the area, we will take a short break of 25 minutes (approx.), continuing our journey from the town of Ollantaytambo to the highest part of this trip called “Abra Málaga” which is at an altitude of 4,316 meters, at the foot of the Verónica mountain .
From this point the trip continues the beautiful landscape with puna flavor after about 15 minutes we will start the descent towards the jungle, passing through the different micro – climates that make these landscapes a paradise within the majestic snow – covered peaks and making this place a tropical climate. We will continue our route by a paved road in perfect condition passing through the town of Alfamayo, Hyuro: located at 1500 masl one of the largest tea producers in Peru. High quality Huyro tea
By having a warm and tropical climate you can also see a lot of plantation of fruit trees such as banana, pineapple, mango, orange granadilla, mandarin and many more.
Town of Santa María: Located at 1500 meters above sea level, tropical zone this place is well known for the production of fruits in great quantity.
Village of Santa Teresa: Located at 1590 masl very warm and quiet place is interesting for the thermal baths known as the Baths of Colcalmayo very visited by tourists and well known for the production of coffee and large quantities and coca leaves here we can finally have lunch We will arrive at Hidroeléctrica to the private terminal of the company and take energy to continue our trip.
From here we will start with the walk following the dirt road next to the railroad track which is an approximate 3 hours following the Vilcanota River from the top the Waynapicchu mountain will not be welcoming, until arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes, At which point you will be taken to the designated accommodations. After a relaxing bath in your lodgings it will be time to enjoy a delicious dinner together with the guide. At that time, he will have the opportunity to review the itinerary for the next day’s visit “Machu Picchu citadel with machupicchu mountain”, Here we will spend the first night.
DIA 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU – MONTAÑA MACHUPICCHU-AGUAS CALIENTES.
Tour departure: 04:30 am
- Walk Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Difficulty 2: Moderate.
- Guidance hours: 1 hour.
- Road to the Machupicchu Mountain: 1hr and 20 minutes
- Machupicchu mountain altitude: 2,430 meters above sea level.
- Altitude of Machu Picchu Town: 2,200 meters above sea level
- Altitude of the Machu Picchu Citadel: 2,430 meters above sea level
- Altitude of the walk: 1,800 m (5,906 ft).
- Climate: The temperature is hot and humid during the day and cool at night.
The temperature ranges between 12 and 24 degrees.
In the morning at 4:30 am approximately we will get up to start our adventure from a height of 2200 meters above sea level, we will begin our ascent to the citadel of Machu Picchu sacred place in the Inca time located at 2400 masl, this is a walk of 01 hour 30 minutes (approx.) by a zigzag way through the beautiful jungle brow or you will have the option of going to the citadel by bus (not included).
We will meet with the guide at 06:00 am at the main entrance of Machu Picchu, our guide will start at 06:30 am here you will have a guided tour for 1 hour through places like; main temple, intihuatana, solar tower before finalizing the guide. You will climb to Machupicchu mountain, the walk will be done without a guide, but you will receive information. After that, you will have free time to visit Machu Picchu, until approximately 2:00 pm, then you will return walking 40 minutes and 25 minutes by bus to Aguas Calientes. You will spend the second night.
DAY 3: AGUAS CALIENTES – HIDROELECTRICA
In the morning you will have a breakfast on your own, approximately after lunch you will have to return walking to Hydroelectric which is from 2 hours to 3 hours or the other option is to take train from hot water to hydroelectric 33usd per person are 45 minutes, and finally take the car between 14:20 – 14:45 in the private terminal of Sakura Expedition, to return to Cusco arriving at approximately 9.30 pm.
USEFUL TRAVEL INFORMATION
There are approximately 7 hours of travel, 85% of the road is paved and 15% is a trail.
- The bus has 2 stops, Ollantaytambo for 25 minutes to use the toilets and to board passengers who hired the service in this area.
- Due to the change in altitude, it is recommended to take some pill for seasickness or altitude sickness (Soroche Pill, Aspirin or Coca Mate).
ENTRANCE TO HUAYNA PICCHU:
- Due to the large number of tourists who like to visit this mountain, the income to Huaynapicchu is exhausted quickly.
- The access to Huaynapicchu is limited to only 200 spaces in the 7:00 am and 200 in the 10:00 am shifts. For this reason, we suggest making a reservation well in advance.
ENTRANCE TO THE MACHUPICCHU MOUNTAIN
- Due to the large number of tourists who choose as a second option and like to visit this mountain of Machu Picchu, income is quickly exhausted. • Access to the Machupicchu mountain is limited to only 200 spaces on the 7:00 am shift and 200 on the 10:00 am shift. For this reason, we suggest you make the reservation in advance of 1 month.
INCLUDES / NOT INCLUDED
- Pick up from the main square of Cusco
- Transportation Cusco – Hydroelectric-Cusco with air condition, GPS, Wifi; (active Cusco – Ollantaytambo).
- Professional Guide (English and Spanish)
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain.
- 1 lunch 1 dinner 1 snack.
- 2 night hotel** confortable: hot water, Wi fi, private bathroom, cable TV, luggage storage with breakfast buffet
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Entrance ticket to the thermal waters.
- Last day of feeding.
- Optional bus ticket Aguas Calientes-Machu Picchu-Aguas Calientes ($ 24.00).
Nuestro servicio de hotel
After a long trip You need a well deserved and a great rest, it is the same as Sakura expedition Take care of the minimum details, Here the perfect selections for your stay in Aguas Calientes, the planned, we have hotels*** Comfortable rooms with WiFi, 32-inch flat-screen TV, private bathroom with towels, desk, bed linen, […]More Information
Nuestro servicio de transporte
We have modern tourist transport of 15, 19 and 20 passengers seats are comfortable and reclining, has air conditioning, oxygen ball, first aid kit, music, reading light. Your safety is first our transports have Gps, to control the speed of your transport, we have Soat, Obligatory Transport Insurance, and our drivers have years of experience.More Information