CHONTA CANYON – CONDOR
DID YOU KNOW!
The “Canyon del Condor” is on its way to becoming a new tourist destination in the Cusco region, located in the Chonta community of Limatambo district in the province of Anta, to reach this natural viewpoint, which is located more of 3 thousand 400 meters on the level of the sea, is made a walk of 50 minutes from the community of Chonta.
Along the trail, you can see natural attractions (landscapes, valleys and sacred mountains) that are located on the right bank of the Apurimac River. Finally, you will arrive to the Mirador de Huaco where you can observe the majestic flight of the Andean condors in their natural state.
The visitor can also enjoy the breathtaking natural paradise of the Apurímac river valley, considered to be the largest in South America.
From the viewpoint of the condors, other birds can be seen, such as eagles, hawks, deer, Andean foxes, vizcachas, among others.
General description of the trip:
- Duration: ½ Day.
- Departures: All year round
- Trip type: Adventure.
- Difficulty level 1: BARTENDER
- Suitable for: All. Adults and Children 6 years and over
- Suitable for: Travelers who love adventure and birds (condor)
- Payment: By PayPal and Western Union
This tour is for all tourists who love to see the famous Condor dance in its natural habitat in a beautiful canyon at a height of 3,800 m, the largest flying bird in the world that can reach an altitude of 6000 m and the same feel the sensation of being very close to the sky to be at the level of the mountains and snowed ending with beautiful sunset
CUSCO – LIMATAMBO – CHONTA – CUSCO
Concentration point will be at 11:30 am Mcdonald Gate, 12:00 pm we will leave to the village of Chonta, with our private car for 2 hours, during the course we will appreciate the beautiful scenery, canyons and mountain formations that attract attention To every traveler. Continuing our trip we will pass the Limatambo town to take our zigzag way until we reach the entrance control of the Canyon of Condors, there we will have the respective relaxation previous explanation, they will be given the ponchos to camouflage themselves so as not to frighten the condors to Then start our hike for about 45 minutes to the viewpoint of the condor, arriving there we will observe the most beautiful landscape of the canyon with a panoramic view to the whole mountain range, we will wait a few minutes to see the spectacular dance of the condors in the middle of the canyon many They will give us a welcome for them to enlist our camera and binoculars and to capture each movement of the condor here we will be approximately 1 hour.
After having enjoyed the dance of the condors, we will start the walk towards the chonta control point and immediately we will board our car to return to Cusco arriving at approximately 19:30 pm, our bus will leave us in the square San Francisco.
- Bus Cusco – Chonta – Cusco
- 1 Snack
- Tour guide
- Oxygen Ball
- Poncho to camouflage and not frighten the condors
- Walking Sticks
- Entrance to the chonta canyon Estranjero 30 soles, Peruvian 10 soles
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING
- Trekking poles
- Warm clothes
- Shoe Trekking
- Rain jacket
- Water bottle
- small backpack
Terms and conditions:
All passengers must travel read their conditions before hiring the service:
- The warranty is 50 USD for the reservation of the service has no refund, because it will be used for the purchase of the entrance to Machupicchu and other expenses.
- If the passenger cancels missing 12 hours or same day of the trip the passenger will lose 100% of the ticket without any claim.
- In the event that for various reasons the passenger decides to cancel the service that is missing 24 hours from the departure of the trip will be paid in a penalty of 50% as allowed the services purchased by the following companies and discounting expenses and realized .
- The company reserves the right to prevent the travel of passengers who are under the effects of alcohol, narcotics or in case of serious state of health of the passenger to attend the conditions of the trip.
- The company is not responsible for the cancellation of the trip by external climatic reasons such as strikes, landslides caused by the nature and cause delay or stop trip there isn’t refund.
- If once made the bus trip and any blockage or hindrance in the normal development of the trip occurs, the agency is not responsible for the extra expenses: meals or nights of accommodation services have to use.
- Passengers who are not at the time of departure or return time will be your responsibility, losing the service without a complaint.
- Passengers who decide separated from the group or change your itinerary without informing 12 hours before is all the responsability of them, and can’t use the service again.
- All claims must be made before or during the trip to see a solution but will not accept the end of the trip
- The transport company has Mandatory Insurance SOAT traffic accidents, this will be used while passengers remain inside the vehicle.
LUGGAGE & BELONGINGS :
- Your luggage travels inerior, responsible passenger belongings.
- The company is not responsible for lost objects, after having completed the shuttle to your destination.
EXCLUSION OF TRANSPORTATION: (under Peruvian law Transport)
- People who are under the influence of alcohol, drugging of other narcotics.
- People who carry firearms, flammable substances or any other element that represents a danger to the safety and security of passengers.
- In case of natural phenomena, rain, earthquakes, preventing the free transit of vehicles.
- Roadblock by civil commotion, (wars, riots, social mobilization).
- The carrier EXCLUDES compensations for delay and / or loss of flights, trains, buses, hotels or any non-transport events.
Travel in Peru: Sakura Expeditions operates in regions where standards of accommodation, transport and services may not be those who would normally be expected. However, we strive, with due care and skill, to offer the best services for our tourists. Travelling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, breadth of observation, good humor and understanding, since they can make changes without notice due to circumstances beyond our control (Force Majeure – see below). When booking any of our tours you agree to the necessary changes without liability Sakura Expeditions.
Force majeure: In any case Sakura Expeditions Could not, even with due care, foresee or avoid. This covers events: like, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, disaster conditions or adverse weather, fire or all similar events outside our control. In this case, Sakura Expeditions will not accept that responsibility; and reserves the right to modify, postpone or even cancel the trip (this is the last option, of course!).
Increases in case of protest, strikes (force majeure): In the case of a protest / strike, which is not uncommon in Cusco, you may need to go a day or even two days earlier than planned to meet with other services . In this case, to increase will be charged to cover the costs incurred.
Risks: By booking any of our adventure trips (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay, Ausangate, Choquequirao, Lares, etc.) passengers assume the risks associated with them. Sakura Expeditions is not responsible with this.
Travel insurance: We recommend taking out travel insurance that covers accidents, medical and emergency repatriation expenses, including rescue and air ambulance. So we recommend covers cancellations and lost luggage. Please send a copy / company name and policy number by email or carry information when it comes to our office.
Holiday or Election Increments: There will be a slight increase in prices, because in Peru we have some holidays, such as the anniversary of the country, Christmas, New Year’s Eve. Or when we have election days.
Sending your personal data for booking: The number of your passport and other data must be valid. Please advise if you change your passport number after booking the tour
Note: Changing passport numbers required to pass additional payment (passport numbers can change easily in our receipt but fact is extremely important that we make changes to the Authorities)
Student rate: To get this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important to scan to e-mail us at time of booking and is valid for the booking date or alternative Inca Trail hikes (which will have to demonstrate the true ISIC card was made http: // www .isiccard.com on arrival here in Cusco and Machu Picchu).
Make a reservation and deposit payment:
The payment of the deposit can be made through the following option
a) PayPal. You can pay by this method (PayPal + 6% transaction fee) up to 15 days before the departure of your country (we can not accept PayPal payments once they are in Cusco, PayPal often denied for reasons of security because you are away from home).
About the briefing: The night before your trip will talk walk in our office at 18:30 pm (exact time will be confirmed on arrival or email).
(1) Deposit sent for booking is not refundable or transferable to any other date, person or tour.
(2) Expeditions Sakura must be notified of any change or cancellation of your trip as soon as you are aware of them via e-mail or fax to not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
(3) Once you have paid the final balance, we will not be able to refund your payment of the walk in case of cancellations. There will, however, parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance 1 train ticket, bus ticket.