MACHU PICCHU BY CAR 3 DAYS + WAYNAPICCHU
DID YOU KNOW!
The sanctuary of Machu Picchu was chosen as one of the second wonders in 2007, in an online voting worldwide, since it is very visited, there are 2 ways to access one of them is by train, however this tends to be very expensive , today there is an alternate route that is entered taking car to hydroelectric an option for all visitors who do not have many income and who like the adventure.
By changing altitude, it is recommended to take some pills for dizziness or altitude sickness (Soroche Pill, Aspirin or Coca Mate).
General description of the trip:
- Route: Alternative by car.
- Duration: 3 Days and 2 Nights.
- Price: USD 159 with Hostel *
- Price: USD 169 with Hotel **
- Departures: All year round
- Trip type: Business, Solo travel
- Suitable for: Travelers with great desire to live their journey without limits
- Difficulty of Hike 2: semi moderate hike
- Departure and return time: 07:30 am – 9:30 pm.
- Climate: The temperature is hot and humid during the day and cool at night. The temperature ranges between 12 and 24 degrees.
- Payment: By Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Western Union
This tour is adapted for all tourists and nature lovers and take more time to visit MachuPicchu, to live longer each place and every moment without thinking about the time of return.
REQUEST YOUR DISCOUNT!
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for Andean Community (Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia).
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for foreign students with a physical card from your university (The Card must show your photo, the effective date not exceeding one year); ISIC cards from August 1, 2017 are no longer accepted.
- Discount of US $ 20.00 for Peruvians identified with ID or passport.
- WE HAVE OFFERS ALL YEAR ROUND Escríbenos por WhatsApp:+51941411418
1st. DAY: CUSCO- SANTA TERESA-HIDROELECTRICA –MACHUPICCHU PUEBLO
- Description of the first day:
- Check Out Time: 07:30 am
- Duration in car: 7 hours of travel approximately, 85% of the road is asphalted and 15% is trail.
- The bus has 2 stops Ollantaytambo for 15 minutes to use the toilet and to board passengers who hired the service in this area.
- Walking distance: 11 kilometers
- Accommodation: From 2 persons (double or Matromonial) Single room is more USD 15.00.
- Considerations: Dinner is a typical dish.
- Hours of hike: 2hrs and 40 minutes
- Difficulty: Smooth 10 minutes of acenso the rest flat.
- Altitude reached: 4,350 meters.
- Altitude of the walk: 1,800 meters.
In the morning we will concentrate on the main square in from of McDonald’s door 07:00 a 07:15 hrs.
07:30 am we will approach our mobility, we will receive a small recording talk to leave Cusco, The Tour will start with a pleasant and scenic towards the Town of Yanahura near Ollantaytambo, until this place we will have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the area, we will take a short break of 25 minutes (approx.), continuing our journey from the town of Ollantaytambo to the highest part of this trip called “Abra Málaga” which is at an altitude of 4,316 meters, at the foot of the Verónica mountain.
From this point the trip continues the beautiful landscape with puna flavor after about 15 minutes we will start the descent towards the jungle, passing through the different micro – climates that make these landscapes a paradise within the majestic snow – covered peaks and making this place a tropical climate. We will continue our route by a paved road in perfect condition passing through the town of Alfamayo, Hyuro: located at 1500 masl one of the largest tea producers in Peru. High quality Huyro tea.
By having a warm and tropical climate you can also see a lot of plantation of fruit trees such as banana, pineapple, mango, orange granadilla, mandarin and many more.
Town of Santa María: Located at 1500 meters above sea level, tropical zone this place is well known for the production of fruits in great quantity.
Village of Santa Teresa: Located at 1590 masl very warm and quiet place is interesting for the thermal baths known as the Baths of Colcalmayo very visited by tourists and well known for the production of coffee and lots of coca leaves and finally we will reach Hydroelectric to the private terminal of the company here we can have lunch and take energy to continue our trip
From here we will start with the walk following the dirt road next to the railroad track which is an approximate of 3 hours following the Vilcanota River from the top, the Waynapicchu mountain will not be welcoming, until arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes, Arriving you will be taken to the designated accommodations. After a relaxing bath in your lodgings it will be time to enjoy a delicious dinner together with the guide. At that moment, he will have the opportunity to review the itinerary for the next day’s visit “Citadel of Machu Picchu”, Here we will spend the first night in the comfortable hotel** .
2nd DAY: AGUAS CALIENTES-MACHUPICCHU
- Departure: 04:30 am
- Walking Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Difficulty 2: Moderate.
- Guided hours: 1 hours.
- Way to Waynapicchu: 1hr and 20 minutes
- Altitude of Waynapicchu: 2,700 masl.
- Altitude of Machu Picchu Pueblo: 2,200 masl
- Altitude of the Citadel of Machu Picchu: 2,430 meters.
- Altitude of the walk: 1,800 m (5,906 feet).
- Climate: The temperature is hot and humid during the day and cool at night. The temperature ranges between 12° and 24° degrees.
In the morning approximately at 4:30 am we will get up to start our adventure from a height of 2200 masl, we will begin our ascent to the citadel of Machu Picchu sacred place in the Inca times is located at 2400 masl, this is a walk of 01 hour 30 minutes (approx.) By a zigzag way through the beautiful jungle brow or you will have the option of going to the citadel by bus (not included).
We will meet with the guide at 06:00 am at the main entrance of Machu Picchu, our guide will start at 06:30 am here you will have a guided tour for 2 hours in places like; main temple, intihuatana, solar tower before finalizing the guided in the sacred rock. After a free time, you will climb the Waynapicchu mountain located at 2700 meters above sea level, the walk will be done without a guide, but you will receive information.
After visiting the mountain Waynapicchu you will have free time to stay in Machu Picchu. The appropriate time to return is 13:00 pm or (coordinate with your guide) to the town of Aguas Calientes walking are 1 hour by bus 25 minutes, here you will have a time to visit the town of Machu Picchu better known as Aguas Calientes on the way You can visit Machu Picchu museum, butterfly museum or enjoy the thermal baths.
Here you will spend the 2nd night in the same hotel**.
3th DAY: AGUAS CALIENTES – CUSCO
- Climate: The temperature is hot and humid during the day.
- Start walking: 10:00 a.m.
- Hike: 11 kilometers
- Altitude of the Citadel of Machu Picchu: 2,430 meters.
- Altitude of the walk
After having spent a nice stay you will depart at 09.30 am, walking with return to Hidroelectrica by the same road that came 1 day before, here you can observe the natural beauty once more with more time, you can sit under the trees or near the Vilcanota laughed until you get to Hidroelectrica Private Sakura Expedition terminal from 2:00 pm to 2:45 pm to take your transport you will register with your transfer or driver to board the car and return to Cusco arriving approximately at 9:30 pm
Estimated Travel Time
|Meeting Point||Departure Time||First stop||Destination|
|Pick you up from the main office Sakura Expedition: Calle garcilaso Nro 265 – of -1 close to san francisco square at (7:00 am)||(7:30 am)||Ollantaytambo(9:30 am)||Hidroeléctrica(14:30 pm)|
What is included?
- Pick you up from the main office Sakura Expedition: Calle Garcilaso Nro 265 – of -1 close to san francisco square at 07:00 am. bus to Hydroelectric
- Bus Cusco – Hiedroeléctrica – Cusco with air condition, GPS, Free Wifi; (active Cusco – Ollantaytambo) – Cusco
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to Waynapicchu Mountain.
- English speaking professional guide.
- 1 lunch ,1 dinner ,1 Snack
- 2 night hotel *** confortable: with breakfast buffet, hot water, Wi fi, private bathroom, cable TV, luggage storage Aguas Calientes
What is not included?
- Bus to up and down to Machu Picchu $24.00 USS
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes US$5.
- Optional: Train ticket hidro – Cusco usd 32.00
- Last day meals.
What you need to bring/carry:
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek. Recommended: T shirts, shorts and some warm clothes.
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco).
- Strong, comfortable footwear.
- Water bottle , Flashlight and batteries.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun.
- Sun block (sun protection cream), Insect repellent.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper.
- You also need to bring your original passport on the trail and your student ISIC card (if claiming a student discount.
For your protection, we strongly recommend the purchase of travel insurance.
Travel insurance provides cancellation or interruption of travel, travel delay, medical expenses, emergency assistance, covers the loss of your luggage and luggage delay coverage to protect your financial investment. The medical coverage purchased with your policy also works in these cases.
Terms and conditions:
All passengers must travel read their conditions before hiring the service:
- The warranty is 90 USD for the reservation of the service has no refund, because it will be used for the purchase of the entrance to Machupicchu and other expenses.
- If the passenger cancels missing 12 hours or same day of the trip the passenger will lose 100% of the ticket without any claim but may postpone until 24 hours in advance.
- The company is not responsible for the cancellation of the trip by external climatic reasons such as strikes, landslides caused by the nature and cause delay or stop trip there isn’t refund.
- If once made the bus trip and any blockage or hindrance in the normal development of the trip occurs, the agency is not responsible for the extra expenses: meals or nights of accommodation services have to use.
- Passengers who are not at the time of departure or return time will be your responsibility, losing the service without a complaint.
- Passengers who decide separated from the group or change your itinerary without informing 12 hours before is all the responsability of them, and can’t use the service again.
- All claims must be made before or during the trip to see a solution but will not accept the end of the trip
- The transport company has Mandatory Insurance SOAT traffic accidents, this will be used while passengers remain inside the vehicle.
LUGGAGE & BELONGINGS :
- Your luggage travels inerior, responsible passenger belongings.
- The company is not responsible for lost objects, after having completed the shuttle to your destination.
EXCLUSION OF TRANSPORTATION: (under Peruvian law Transport)
- People who are under the influence of alcohol, drugging of other narcotics.
- People who carry firearms, flammable substances or any other element that represents a danger to the safety and security of passengers.
- In case of natural phenomena, rain, earthquakes, preventing the free transit of vehicles.
- Roadblock by civil commotion, (wars, riots, social mobilization).
- The carrier EXCLUDES compensations for delay and / or loss of flights, trains, buses, hotels or any non-transport events.
Travel in Peru: Sakura Expeditions operates in regions where standards of accommodation, transport and services may not be those who would normally be expected. However, we strive, with due care and skill, to offer the best services for our tourists. Travelling in Peru requires flexibility, patience, breadth of observation, good humor and understanding, since they can make changes without notice due to circumstances beyond our control (Force Majeure – see below). When booking any of our tours you agree to the necessary changes without liability Sakura Expeditions.
Force majeure: In any case Sakura Expeditions Could not, even with due care, foresee or avoid. This covers events: like, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, disaster conditions or adverse weather, fire or all similar events outside our control. In this case, Sakura Expeditions will not accept that responsibility; and reserves the right to modify, postpone or even cancel the trip (this is the last option, of course!).
Increases in case of protest, strikes (force majeure): In the case of a protest / strike, which is not uncommon in Cusco, you may need to go a day or even two days earlier than planned to meet with other services . In this case, to increase will be charged to cover the costs incurred.
Risks: By booking any of our adventure trips (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, Salkantay, Ausangate, Choquequirao, Lares, etc.) passengers assume the risks associated with them. Sakura Expeditions is not responsible with this.
Travel insurance: We recommend taking out travel insurance that covers accidents, medical and emergency repatriation expenses, including rescue and air ambulance. So we recommend covers cancellations and lost luggage. Please send a copy / company name and policy number by email or carry information when it comes to our office.
Holiday or Election Increments: There will be a slight increase in prices, because in Peru we have some holidays, such as the anniversary of the country, Christmas, New Year’s Eve. Or when we have election days.
Sending your personal data for booking: The number of your passport and other data must be valid. Please advise if you change your passport number after booking the tour
Note: Changing passport numbers required to pass additional payment (passport numbers can change easily in our receipt but fact is extremely important that we make changes to the Authorities)
Student rate: To get this discount you must have a valid ISIC card. It is important to scan to e-mail us at time of booking and is valid for the booking date or alternative Inca Trail hikes (which will have to demonstrate the true ISIC card was made http: // www .isiccard.com on arrival here in Cusco and Machu Picchu).
Make a reservation and deposit payment:
The payment of the deposit can be made through the following option
a) PayPal. You can pay by this method (PayPal + 6% transaction fee) up to 15 days before the departure of your country (we can not accept PayPal payments once they are in Cusco, PayPal often denied for reasons of security because you are away from home).
About the briefing: The night before your trip will talk walk in our office at 18:30 pm (exact time will be confirmed on arrival or email).
(1) Deposit sent for booking is not refundable or transferable to any other date, person or tour.
(2) Expeditions Sakura must be notified of any change or cancellation of your trip as soon as you are aware of them via e-mail or fax to not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
(3) Once you have paid the final balance, we will not be able to refund your payment of the walk in case of cancellations. There will, however, parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance 1 train ticket, bus ticket.
Nuestro servicio de hotel
After a long trip You need a well deserved and a great rest, it is the same as Sakura expedition Take care of the minimum details, Here the perfect selections for your stay in Aguas Calientes, the planned, we have hotels*** Comfortable rooms with WiFi, 32-inch flat-screen TV, private bathroom with towels, desk, bed linen, […]More Information
Nuestro servicio de transporte
We have modern tourist transport of 15, 19 and 20 passengers seats are comfortable and reclining, has air conditioning, oxygen ball, first aid kit, music, reading light. Your safety is first our transports have Gps, to control the speed of your transport, we have Soat, Obligatory Transport Insurance, and our drivers have years of experience.More Information